About this lodging
Looking for a relaxing calm stay in one of the most beautiful villages of Lebanon? Just 35 mins from the airport and the city center, Ghurub awaits you in Falougha. Modern, comfortable apartment with stunning mountain views. Located inside an old charming hotel built as a private house in 1934 and converted to a hotel in the '50s. Decorated in the most eclectic way with vintage furniture, items from the '60s and '70s, modern decoration items, modern kitchen, and bathroom for the best comfort of our guests.
Just 5 minutes away from a variety of cafés, bars, and restaurants, supermarkets, pharmacies, banks, gas stations, or any other necessities. Falougha is located in the center of Mount Lebanon, less than an hour away from all the emblematic sites to visit in Beirut, Mount Lebanon, and the Bekaa area. It's famous for its freshwater springs and fresh air and pine and cedar trees forests and amazing views.
The apartment consists of one big bedroom with a high ceiling with a King size bed of 2×2m, closet and dresser, bathroom, toilet, and shower, one duplex small bedroom with a low ceiling with a floor mattress of 1,20cm for one, and one sofa in the salon that can be used for sleeping if needed with a width of 90cm. One open space salon, kitchenette, and dining area. Two balconies and one big window with a great view of Sunset. A nice entrance and private terrace and two entrance doors, one to the salon and one to the bedroom.
It's very cozy, comfortable, and luminous, overlooking the Kneissy mountain and the pine mountains of the Maten area.
In Falougha you can have a variety of activities like visiting the Cedar forest where the first Lebanese flag was raised, visiting the Falougha lakes, the Qaysamani Dam and the Lamartine panoramic view up in the Kneyseh mountain, visiting the peak of Kneyseh mountain to see the ruins of the old Roman church and both panoramic views of the Bekaa valley from one side and Beirut and the sea from the other side, hiking all over the area, trekking, snowshoeing, off-road 4wheel drive, off-road quad, moto crossing, motorbiking, activities for children and other activities for the whole family in summer, like music festivals and open-air markets like the artisans' markets and farmers products market.
Unfortunately, electricity is not 24hrs due to the situation in Lebanon. We depend 100% on the village generator and these are the hours more or less: From 9 to 11 am, then from 13 to 15 pm, then from 6 pm to 1 am. More or less these are the hours of electricity. Hopefully, the generator will give more electricity in August but we can't be sure. And in between, we have very few hours of dawle electricity, but very few ours. So sometimes you have electricity at night after 1 pm for 1 hour or two more. We never know.
Some of the amenities:
- Good Wifi connection
- Hot water
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Vitroceramic cook
- Coffee machine
- Water boiler
- Smart TV
- Clean towels and sheets
It is located:
- 5 to 45 minutes away from many charming villages of the Maten area (Hammana, Qorneyel, Ras el Maten, Mtein, Bzebdine, Beit Meri, Broumana, Bekfaya)
- 15 to 30 minutes from Bhamdoun and Aley area
- 30 to 45 minutes from Beirut city center or the airport
- 30 to 45 minutes to Chouf area (Barouk cedars forest, Beiteddine, Deir el Kamar)
- 30 to 60 minutes to the Bekaa area (Zahle, Anjar, Baalbek, Kefraya, Ksara)
- 1 hour away from (Jeita grotto, Jounieh, Kasslik, Maameltein, Zouk mkeyel)
- 1 hour 10 minutes to Jbeil, Byblos or Chekka
- 1 hour 10 minutes to Saida - Sidon - 1 hour 35 mnts to Tripoli
- 1 hour 40 minutes to Sour or Tiro
- 2 hours 30 to Bcharreh and the Cedars of God
You can get to Falougha by:
- -Uber services for 30$ from Beirut or the Airport
- Taxi services are available 24 hours for 30$ to or from Beirut
- Car renting services are available with or without a driver starting 35$ a day
- Public transport is available but we don't recommend it for your comfort.
You can park just in front of the hotel on a calm street.
The maximum period of a continuous reservation is 3 months.
- Guests: Up to 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- Beds: 3
- Bathrooms: 1
- Rooms: 2
- Check-in After: 13:00
- Check-out Before: 13:00
- Type: Entire Place / Apartment
- Size: 40 sqm
- Night: 65.00USD
- Weekends (Fri & Sat): 75.00USD
- Weekly (7d+): 60.00USD
- Monthly (30d+): 50.00USD
- Security deposit: 100,000.00USD
- Guests included in nightly price: 4
- Allow additional guests: No
- Cleaning fee: 20.00USD Per Stay
- Minimum days of a booking: 2
- Maximum days of a booking: 31
- 1 King Size
- 2 Guests
- 1 Sofa Bed
- 1 Guest
- Tetkhite (upper level)
- 1 Single
- 1 Guest
- Barbecue Area
- Bed Linens
- Bed Sheets
- Coffee Maker
- Extra Pillows & Blankets
- Hair Dryer
- Hot water
- Sound System
- Toilet Paper
- TV Cable
- Free Parking
- Hiking Area
Terms & rules
- Smoking allowed: Yes
- Pets allowed: Yes
- Party allowed: No
- Children allowed: Yes
- Cancellation Policy
- Moderate: Free cancellation until 5 days before check-in (minus service fee). After that, cancel before check-in and get a 50% refund, minus the first night and service fee.
- The minimum stay is 2 Nights
- The maximum stay is 31 Nights
Hosted by Mak
- Arabic, English, French, Spanish
- Profile Status
- Host rating
- Sort By:
The host is one of the most friendly people I have met. He was always available to answer any questions or help with anything I needed around town.
The room was very clean, the kitchen was well-equipped, and when I had a few people over the host offered us the communal space, as well as a grill.
It was a great getaway for me from the city, and everyone in the hotel was very friendly. I highly recommend this hotel, as it is hiking distance away from all the sites in the area.
Also, the view from the room is amazing, you get to see the sunset over the sea, as well as the mountains behind you.